Thursday, April 8, 2010

Ambigram Tattoo Ice Breaker


Most of us know or at have at least met someone with tattoos. And I would venture to say that we have, wether knowingly or not, met someone with the popular Life/Death ambigram tattoo.

An ambigram is an image that looks like one word but is actually made up of multiple words which are revealed by rotating the image. To the left is the one tatto from both angles. Turn your screen (or head) upside down and you'll see them change.

This tattoo is one of my favorite tattoos and fun way to swing into the things of God. The conversation usually goes like this,

"Hey I noticed your tattoo. Do you know where it originates from?" Most of the time they will tell you about some musician they saw it on. To which I respond, "It actually originates from the bible." This usually peaks there interest. I then quote Romans 6:23 and expound on each point of the verse.

"for the wages of sin is death" Romans 6:23a
Death is the payment for sin. Sin is breaking Gods law the 10 commandments. Have you kept the ten commandment? Have you ever lied, stolen, used Gods name in vain? If you have you have earned death and the punishment of Hell.

"But the gift of God is eternal life through Christ Jesus our Lord" Romans 6:23b
But God, who is rich in mercy, made a way by sending His only Son who lived the perfect life we could not live and Died the death we should have Died satisfying the Justice of God on our behalf. And if we Turn away from sin and trust in Jesus Christ God will grant us everlasting life with Him in Heaven.

Obviously this is just to give you an idea of what I do so add or take away whatever. Now go out and find someone with this tattoo and give it a try and leave a comment about your experience.

Interesting link: You can create an ambigram of your own with this free generator. https://www.wowtattoos.com/wow/generator.php

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for this. I am on the look out for such a tattoo. God bless. Neil

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was wonderfully put...and i'm going to be getting that tattoo next.Very well.God Bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The first time I seen this I was in jail and I knew at that moment one day i would have it tattooed on me. I hope to have it done within the next week on the inside of my wrist with it reading life so that if I ever choose to go back to the way I used to be it will remind me that I want to live.

    ReplyDelete
  4. im an athiest and i have this tattoo.... there is no religious meaning behind it but only what you take out of it.

    ReplyDelete

Please keep it clean! Comments that have foul language will not be posted. Nor will comments that do not have the name of our GOD and Saviour JESUS CHRIST in caps.

Search This Blog