Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Field of Blood

Today I talked to a guy at the abortion clinic named Benjamin. He was in his late 20’s and was there with his wife to kill their unborn baby. Allura was the first to engage him and spent a fair amount of time reasoning with him. Then I entered the convo after hearing some of his ”story.” He was raised in a christian home, already had one child and was buying some property to live on in Tennessee. He said that they couldn't afford to do that with the baby on the way. He understood it was a life, but “he had to do what he had to do. I was shocked! I responded as follows,

Me: Do you remember the story in the bible when Judas betrayed Jesus for 30 pieces of silver?

Ben: Yes.

Me: Do you remember that after Judas saw that Jesus was condemned and to be put to death he was seized with remorse? He went back to the chief priests and elders saying, “I have betrayed innocent blood.” Then Judas threw the money into the temple and left to hang himself. Do you remember this story?

Ben: Yes

Me: The Chief priests wouldn't put the money in the treasury because it was “blood money” so they went and bought a field which was then named “the Field of Blood.”

I want you to know Ben, that you have betrayed innocent blood by killing your child today and your doing it for the same reason that Judas did, FOR MONEY. This money is going to be used to by a “field” and today I tell you that the name of your property in Tennessee is now “The Field of Blood!” Every time you pull up the driveway you will never forget the child that you betrayed in order to buy it. Thats all I have to say to you!

He just stood there in cold silence as I turned my back on him and walked away.

They were still inside when I left.

I am hardly ever taken by surprise anymore at the reasons people give for killing there baby but this one shocked me. Now, I don’t want you to get the idea that we weren't compassionate with him. Allura handled him very gently as did I for 30 mins or so. Until he finally confessed his real reasons. I was deathly serious as I told him the above. I pray that, if they did go through with it, the conversation that I had with him haunts him for the rest of his life. I pray that it haunts him so much that he finally flees to Christ for forgiveness and is born again.

1 comment:

  1. Ugh......Robert, what a terrible story that man told.....kill a child in order to buy property.

    Of course he never thought of it that way until you told.

    I pray that they didn't go through with it; but probably did.

    Keep fighting the fight Noiz.

    God bless you.

    ReplyDelete

Please keep it clean! Comments that have foul language will not be posted. Nor will comments that do not have the name of our GOD and Saviour JESUS CHRIST in caps.

Search This Blog