Wednesday, December 31, 2008

My 2008 Top 10

Here is my 2008 top 10 list.

10. Starting this blog!

It was something I was very hesitant to do because of my inability to use proper grammar. I was never a strong speller (Just this paragraph alone had about 7 misspellings) and I slept through most of English class. I have also made some pretty cool “Cyber friends” and have been able to use the blog as a tool to the glory of God! This post will also be my 200th blog post!!

9. Witnessing.

As most already know I've only been saved for about 3 years. I have, since the very first day, always shared my faith with a lot of zeal and no knowledge. After about a year, I discovered Way Of The Master Radio and then learned the foundational tools to actually share my faith effectively and knowledgably. I had my first purposeful encounter on Oct, 29 2007, but it wasn't till 2008 that I knew that I was called to do it as much as possible and 2008 has been a great year for me in that regard.

8. Deeper and The 500.

Deeper was a wonderful conference held in Atlanta, Georgia and featured some of my favorite teachers like Paul Washer, Ray Comfort, Todd Freil, and more. The highlight was actually getting to meet Paul Washer and then Go out with 500+ Evangelists and hit the streets of downtown Atlanta. Read more about these here and here.

7. My First Supporter.

This year was the first time in my life that I have had someone (who I had just met for the first time) say to me, “I love what you do and I want to support your ministry however I can.” How cool is that!!

6. Reading Books with My Son.

I've been reading books to my 5 year old son every night since he was born. Normally we would read stuff other people bought him like, Disney books, Dr. Suess, ect. But just recently I started reading some real books to him. This change has blessed him and I beyond what I could have expected. The books we have read thus far are, The Princes Poison Cup, The Lightlings, Sammy and his Shepherd, and of course the classic, Pilgrims Progress. If anyone has any recommended books I would love to know about them.

5. My New Church Home.

It is never easy to leave a Church especially when your a leader there, but I knew that it was time for me and the family to venture out and explore other options. I ended up at a solid reformed biblical church. We have a great Pastor and a great church body. We have felt like part of the family since day one. You can check us out at www.celebrationcommunitychurch.com

4. Shawn.

This one really ranks at the top of my all time list! Being able to be used by God to bring an old friend to the Saviour was something I’ll never forget. I think it is a story I will be telling my grandchildren someday! You can read the story here.

3. My Great Friends.

God has placed a few good friends in my life that have been important in my Christian growth. These guys don’t take me too serious, hold me accountable, and encourage me when I need it most and correct me when I am wrong. There is one in particular that has been around since my conversion and has been a big part of my walk. There is nothing like Christian fellowship! Thank you guys!

2. Family.

My wife honors me and is truly my best friend. I don't know what I would do without her. My sons are the greatest! My parents and my sister are also a big part of my life, although they think I’m nuts! I could write for days about the wonderful family God has given me, but I’m trying to keep the paragraphs short.

1. My Lord.

It seems this year was a big year of growth for me. I have been praying, reading my word, commentaries, and many books. And it seems that the more I get to know this God and Saviour of mine, the more I am in complete awe of him. I am thankful every day for his death on the cross as a payment for my sins!

I look forward to 2009!!!

1 comment:

  1. Witnessing in Atlanta...Awsome...o wait we were there! Yeah! Man it was cold...and I think you had shorts on. You Floridians!

    ReplyDelete

Please keep it clean! Comments that have foul language will not be posted. Nor will comments that do not have the name of our GOD and Saviour JESUS CHRIST in caps.

Search This Blog