Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Witnessing For Jehovah Part 2

 Read part one here

After I got down from the back of the truck I drove about 3 miles and ended up in a parking lot not even remembering how I got there. My nerves were shot! It took me another 5 minutes or so of sitting in the parking lot to straighten out all my thoughts!

While there I prayed and thanked God for giving me the boldness to do such a thing as to stand up and preach at a Jehovah's witness conference. Alone! I also called Braz and Shawn and told them what I had done. They were so stoked they wanted to come out there with me and witness to them also.

I left the parking lot and finally met up with Shawn at his work and tried to come up with a game plan. I read the conference schedule I was given and saw that it was going to be done around 5:00. Braz, Shawn, and I, decided to go back up there and tract as many cars as we could without getting kicked off the grounds because I knew that I was going to preach again.

After tracting a 100 plus  cars (That's all the tracts we had) with the Who Is Jesus tract , then waiting in the parking lot, they finally started pouring out in droves. We hopped into the truck and drove across from the parking lot onto public property. I climbed again on to the back and with my  knees weak I began again to proclaim the true Gospel.

 Click to enlarge picture
This time I didn't preach for just 1 minute. I proclaimed and proclaimed for around 40 min (audio below)! It was the most amazing (and crazy) thing Ive ever done! People were staring in amazement at this crazy guy raising his voice to proclaim the true Jesus. There were many who stood around their cars and listened to what I had to say.

Finally the parking lot was close to empty and my voice was hoarse so it was time to leave. I dropped Shawn off at his Truck, which was still in the parking lot of the convention center, and on his way out he had small confrontation with some JW Elders. They stopped him and yelled at him for trespassing. Shawn responded with "I love you  man, why are you yelling at me?"

                       
   
Powered by Podbean.com
I was not prepared in anyway to stand up and preach in front of a few hundred Jehovah Witness's but I pray that God uses what little I was able to give. I had no outline prepared, I was only able to study a few issues while sitting in the parking lot.

If you had an opertunity to preach to an audence of Jehova Witness's what would you say? How would you segway into the Gospel? Please post a comment.

1 comment:

  1. God uses many things to his ultimate glory....even impromptu preachin'

    ReplyDelete

Please keep it clean! Comments that have foul language will not be posted. Nor will comments that do not have the name of our GOD and Saviour JESUS CHRIST in caps.

Search This Blog