Wednesday, July 2, 2008

This is...church?

I read this in a great article by Dan Phillips on the Pyromaniacs blog and it reminded me of something I was complaining about recently.
"This is... church? So here comes this brother into the assembly of the saints, hoping for a rest from the battles of the week, a moment to regroup, sing, pray, get the Word, fellowship. He looks up to the choir, or to his left or his right — and in a tick of the clock, he's facing the same struggle he faced every time he turned on his TV, opened a magazine, or went down a city street. He's seeing things that make it far too easy for him not to keep his mind focused where it needs to be focused.

And he's not in a nightclub, he's not at a singles' bar, he's not at the beach. He's in church."

A few weeks ago I go to a "Christian" concert at a "church" and as I am walking up to the front to pay admission (I wont go there) I notice that the woman handling the admission table was very beautiful, very well endowed and to my horror was dressed very provocative. I remember struggling not to look.

As I was going into the show I was thinking to myself "Man I didn't expect to have to struggle with that at a church." Once I entered I was pretty much over it. That is until the same woman shows up inside and is dancing right in front of me. I was so distracted I had to move. This was really weighing heavy on my mind for a few days. I mean I would understand if an unsaved or new Christian rolled up dressed like that, but a leader? Come on!!

Ladies, do us and yourselves a favor. COVER UP. This is one of the hardest struggles for most men. I cant count the times if sat at a table with my brothers in Christ and a scantly dressed girl walks by. It is so uncomfortable!

1 comment:

  1. Amen! Cover up and show some respect for yourselves and others!

    ReplyDelete

Please keep it clean! Comments that have foul language will not be posted. Nor will comments that do not have the name of our GOD and Saviour JESUS CHRIST in caps.

Search This Blog