Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Paul's 3 Gospel "I AM's"

Paul said in Romans 1:14-16
"I am under obligation both to Greeks and to barbarians, both to the wise and to the foolish. So I am eager to preach the gospel to you also who are in Rome.
The Righteous Shall Live by Faith. For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek."
I am under obligation
Here Paul says that he (and we) is (are) under obligation to preach to all people groups. The rich and proper, the poor and low class, the ignorant and intellectual, and every thing in between.

I am eager
Paul shows us his excitement to go out and preach the Gospel and we to should share in his excitement because it the only thing of value in this world. The Gospel is the only thing that has the power of God unto salvation and is the only way we will make an eternal and earthly impact.

I am not ashamed
Paul understands that by him preaching the gospel people will get saved. How could someone be ashamed of the best news in all of eternity. Would a doctor be ashamed if he had a cure for a disease? NO! Or as Paul would say "By no means!"How much more important is the cure for the problem of sin then a cure for any earthly ailment? The proof of Paul's unashamed-ness (if thats a word) is found in 2 cor 11:23-28 were he describes, his great labors, imprisonments ect.
23Are they servants of Christ? I am a better one—I am talking like a madman—with far greater labors, far more imprisonments, with countless beatings, and often near death. 24Five times I received at the hands of the Jews the forty lashes less one. 25Three times I was beaten with rods. Once I was stoned. Three times I was shipwrecked; a night and a day I was adrift at sea; 26on frequent journeys, in danger from rivers, danger from robbers, danger from my own people, danger from Gentiles, danger in the city, danger in the wilderness, danger at sea, danger from false brothers; 27 in toil and hardship, through many a sleepless night, in hunger and thirst, often without food, in cold and exposure. 28And, apart from other things, there is the daily pressure on me of my anxiety for all the churches.
To quote John piper, "You will be shamed for the gospel but you do not have to be a-shamed of the Gospel" So get out there like Paul and unashamedly share this Gospel with all the world!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep it clean! Comments that have foul language will not be posted. Nor will comments that do not have the name of our GOD and Saviour JESUS CHRIST in caps.

Search This Blog