Tuesday, June 10, 2008

What changed me

This is part 2 to my testimony part one can be found here

in 2001 I started a small business to try to "Get legit" at the same time I met my wife so I started to slow down a bit. But it wasn't until I went to a funeral for a friend of mine in 2005 that I first heard the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I actually went to this funeral just to show my old friends that would be in attendance that I was "Balling" (that means making lots of money for the old folks.)

I never went there expecting to be transformed but, what I heard that day changed me. I found out that I was a sinner,Which some how was actually news to me because I was always told that "Jesus loves me”, this had given me false assurance! Actually I found out that I was an enemy of God (Rom 8:7, Col 1:21, James 4:4) because I had done all the things he said "Thou shall not". I was a law breaker (1st john 3:4) heading to an eternity of hell fire (Revelation 21:8) and I deserved it for sinning against the very God who gave me life (Psalm 139:13). It is true that “Jesus loved” me in the sense that, He loved me enough to warn me of the wrath to come, then die on the cross as my substitute ( 2 Cor 5:21) and if I repent from my sin (Luke 13:3-5) and trust in him as my Lord (Luke 14:26-33) and Saviour I will be reconciled (2 Cor 5:19) with my God.

That's when the preacher told us the "good news" That God did not desire that I go to hell (2 Peter 3:9) so God made away. God became flesh in the person of Jesus (John 1:14) and lived the perfect sinless life that I could not (1 Peter 2:22, 1:19) . Then he died on the cross to pay the penalty (1 john 4:10) that was due and If I repent (Turn from my sin) and trust in Him I receive his righteousness (2 Cor 5:21) and become Justified (Rom 5:1) before a Holy God. I stood up in that church and received that gift and have never been the same!

Notice I never tried nor wanted to change, but God by the power of the Holy Spirit began a change in me that not only made my views of everything in this world to change, but also my views on God. He is now the center of my life I live for Him I desire to know him more. My new purpose in life is like Paul in the amplified version of Philippians 3:10.

[For my determined purpose is] that I may know Him [that I may progressively become more deeply and intimately acquainted with Him, perceiving and recognizing and understanding the wonders of His Person more strongly and more clearly], and that I may in that same way come to know the power outflowing from His resurrection [which it exerts over believers], and that I may so share His sufferings as to be continually transformed [in spirit into His likeness even] to His death, [in the hope]

I thank God for rescuing me from the bondage of sin to which I was a slave (John 8:34). Now having been on the other side of Gods wrath and knowing what its like to be caught in a lifestyle that was all about serving self. I now have a heart to see those that are like I once was to become like I now am, a child of the Most High God (John 1:12). Thats why the web site, the blog, the music, the ministry, the evangelism, I want to see people saved and in a right relationship with God.

To be in a right relationship with God requires allot. First you must realize that your a sinner by looking at the 10 commandments to see if you've kept them (or take the Good Person Test.) If you have not kept them you need to repent of that sin then confess to God that you need a saviour and that you trust in his son Jesus' sacrifice on the cross as the payment for your sins. Then read your bible and believe and obey what it says.

If you have done this or have questions please email me.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Mr. author of Bring the Noiz!!, [woot woot]

    THANKS SO MUCH FOR COMMENTING!!! It's always exciting to meet other solid Christians who love Christ so much!! I didn't know if you'd actually stop by my blog and comment but I'm so glad you did!!

    I admire your courage, and love for Christ that drives you to the "crazy" things in life like open street preaching. I say crazy because to a true Christian nothing is crazy if Christ calls us to do it, but to a "Christian" who isn't really a Christian it is crazy to use a P.A. that can be heard 3 blocks. THAT IS AWESOME BTW! I WAS PRACTICALLY JUMPING OUT OF MY SEAT WHEN I READ THAT. Oh and you and I are in the same boat when it comes to not the greatest of grammar. Although I haven't seen any mistakes [but seriously what do i know?] I am also a terrible speller. **Sighs**

    I just got done reading your testimony and I must say what I find interesting is when you talked about how you had heard "Jesus loves you" that defused your desire to follow Christ. Or at least "check into this Guy". I'm on a week trip in Cali (I really live in Idaho. But cali is my hometown. I lived there for 11 1/2 years of my life.--Story for another time :-D) So in the car ride up my Aunt put in The Way of the Master set...thingy..uh I have no clue what it's called. OH OH "Concience?" Something like that. With Ray Comfort and Kirk Cameron. They were giving tips on how to evangelize. It was great. One of the things they said was that so many Christians when they so called "Witness" today use the **what I like to call** "Lovey-dovey" method. They say exactly what you heard, "Jesus loves you. You should come to church with me." And that's about it for "Sharing their faith." Ray Comfort and Kirk were saying NO NO NO!! What you need to do is dive into their concience because every human being has one. You need to dive in their and show them that they violated God's law. If God is calling them to repentance, then obviously the weight of their sin and the punishment for it will convict them of how much they need Christ. But, when you say "Jesus loves you" it actually defuses any desire they might've had to have anything to do with this "Christ guy".

    Correct me on any spelling, grammar, theology, etc. if I am wrong. I've been up since 3 in the morning and have been driving in the car for HOURS. I'm finally in the comfort of my Aunt's bed using her lap top currently.

    But I wanted to tell you LOVE your blog, love Christ which I see in you, love the sermon Jams!! I only really got to glance at the do it all for the glory site because I had to pack and get ready for today's trip. But, I can't wait to read more and learn more. Your testimony was awesome btw.

    My testimony is a very precious moment. My parents were 19 when they had me and they both grew up in non-Christian homes as heathen children. (No duh..i can tell I'm tired i keep repeating myself. that and i'm losing the grammar altogether. too tired and lazy please forgive Xp) anyways when I was six my Dad was twenty-three and that's when he came to Christ (one day you'll have to ask for his testimony. Seriously you and my Dad would be great friends. Where do you stand denominationally-wise? (I had no clue how to put it again my brain is dead) We are reformed Presbytarian's YES I SPELLED THAT WRONG.) Anyways I remember being in my Dad's house so my g-ma's house and for some reason I remember distinctly waiting for him to get there. When he did he told me who Jesus was and what He had done for me. And that was when I (Before I knew, or my Dad knew that it is God who calls us not the other way around :D) "asked Jesus into my heart" of course I was only six though. Yet I have an almost five year old brother and I call him my "Deep theological thinker" because he asks so many questions about God and heaven, and creation etc. that it makes my mind tick. Even my parent's minds. Even the little children have faith that is as small as a mustard seed yet it can move mountains. Anyhow we never had my brother or my little sister "ask Jesus to be in their hearts". So I have no excuse.
    ANYWAYS!! I'M RAMBLING!! TIRED. VERY TIRED. When I get tired I say really really loopy stuff I can tell you some stupid stuff I've been saying all day from lack of sleep. BUT won't go there. Be rambling again.

    KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK BROTHER!!

    In Christ,

    Lissie

    PS. uhhh what was I going to say OH YES. I addressed you as "Mr. Author of Bring the Noiz" because you never left your name. What's your last name (If yur ok with giving that to me. You can always use a pen-name) I usually call adults by their last name to be respectful.OK off to bed. hopefully my parents wont read this comment they will be like "Oh my gosh yeah...you shouldn't have written that comment when you were so tired." oh well i never live it down

    ReplyDelete
  2. Allow me to fully introduce myself. My name is Robert Houghton and I like to be called Robert because I am not old enough to be a mister or at least don't want to be. So feel free to address me by my first name I give you permission.

    I really enjoy reading your comments I can really sense your personality. I get few comments though I have tons of readers, to busy I suppose.

    I think its great that you are listening to The Way of The master "thingy" it is what I use to train and I think is one of the bests methods to start people out on. You keep it up. I cant wait to hear some evangelism/Open air stories from you guys on your blogs! I hope your dads the first on the box.

    As far as where I stand "denominationally-wise" right now I go to an awesome "non-denominational" church but my pastor (who was trained and ordained by John Piper) is a Calvinist. I guess if I labeled it I'm a Reformed Baptist?

    ReplyDelete

Please keep it clean! Comments that have foul language will not be posted. Nor will comments that do not have the name of our GOD and Saviour JESUS CHRIST in caps.

Search This Blog