Friday, June 20, 2008

Please keep it clean!


I have stated that this blog an open forum of discussion. I will post any comments that are not vulgar, they can be mean, but not vulgar. So please if you want to be heard talk with at least some intelligence and respect. Which brings me to a comment I received to my "P.I. on Gay Day" post.

The comment is vulgar so be warned.
"When I am at PI the last thing I want is some a@#%*%e preaching to me. Stay out, it is illegal for you to be doing that in the Universal Park or the Disney Park."
There are two things that bug me. Why is it that people feel the need to curse at us? Do they actually think were going to listen to anger and vulgarity. I my self respond best to logic and reason so if you want me to listen speak intelligently.

Its funny because in his reply he used the word "preach" that is the very thing he is doing in his comment to me. I'll rephrase it to illustrate and show how i felt about his sermon. "The very last thing i want to read on my blog is some "a@#%*%e" preaching that i shoulndt be out preaching."

The crazy thing is we don't "preach." First off we ask if the person minds talking to us. If so great if not oh well. Then we ask questions. Thats not offensive! Whats offensive is their answers to the questions and the reality it brings forth. That they are a Liar, a Thief, a Blasphemer ect.

Its actually an honor to have someone offended by the gospel I preach that lets me know its the right one! How many "Christians" do you know that have shared their faith to the point of persecution?

As for the last half of his comment about it being Illegal to evangelize and pass out tracks inside the Universal Park or the Disney Park. I will be checking into it and if it is I will gladly not pass out tracks but I will not relinquish on my First Amendment right to, freedom of religion, and freedom of speech, I can talk to who ever where ever.

update

From my "legal department" otherwise known as NVS:

Robert,

I just spoke with Disney, the rule on Disney property is “NO SOLICITING”

Here’s the Florida law on SOLICITATION:
Local ordinances that forbid solicitation may prevent door-to-door sales, but they cannot exclude Jehovah's Witnesses, political candidates or others who advocate a position, but do not offer or request money. Putting Fliers on a doors or handing them out is not soliciting.

COLE

Now I guess the only question remaining is, is using the Million Dollar Bill gospel tract considered "offering money?" :)

2 comments:

  1. I guess you have been having similar difficulties as I have been having on my blog. I happened to post on a web site 'why I hate Jesus' and found out from them coming on to my blog that they do indeed hate Jesus. I have had all sorts from crudity to 'records of my death' being posted to me.

    God bless your ministry!

    Neil

    ReplyDelete
  2. We should feel blessed (as odd as that may seem) to be persecuted. Jesus says in Matt 5:10-12“Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness' sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.Blessed are you when others revile you and persecute you and utter all kinds of evil against you falsely on my account. Rejoice and be glad, for your reward is great in heaven, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you."

    I love seeing the word come to reality in my life!

    ReplyDelete

Please keep it clean! Comments that have foul language will not be posted. Nor will comments that do not have the name of our GOD and Saviour JESUS CHRIST in caps.

Search This Blog